So you didn’t take your sweetheart to the Caribbean for Valentine’s Day.
But you still have time to bring the Caribbean home. With a little inspiration and ingenuity, you can turn breakfast in bed into a Caribbean holiday. Here’s how.
Wake Up to Sunshine
1. Borrow or buy a festive serving tray. We’re fans of the from Design Within Reach.
2. Cut up your favorite tropical fruit: Mango, kiwi, watermelon, pineapple, and a little cantaloupe for good measure. Arrange in a .
3. Take the easy route with a pre-made smoothie or go the extra mile and mix up one of your own. Pour into a clear glass and top with or garnish.
4. Decorate the tray with your personal collection of coral, shells, and sea glass. Everyone has one.
5. Sneak in a tiny, lidded cast in pewter and plated with layers of precious metals.
6. Top the tray off with a baby pineapple. Because, well, who can resist a baby pineapple?
7. Set the mood with an .
8. And coming through a
9. Spritz the room with for a fresh, citrus scent inspired by an island sailing adventure.
10. Layer on a few island getaway-worthy gifts like a multi-colored or a cute .